Leading a Praying Church
- 14 Jun 2017
Ashton-on-Mersey St Mary Magdalene
M33 6GD (Map)
Scripture and church history suggest that missional growth is the result of prayer more than any other single activity. But in a world where church members seem ever busier how do we build a church that prays? And what does a 21st century praying church look like? What are the specific roles that leaders play in such a church? This day will explore these questions, offer biblical principles around intercession and leading prayerful churches, and suggest practical next steps in how those present can nurture intercession in their own churches.
Topics covered on the day will include issues such as:
- sharing a vision that 'prayer works!'
- Bible teaching on the role of intercession
- some teaching from church history about prayer/mission
- some input re the specific role of leaders as 'builders' of houses of prayer
- lots of practical tips about leading/shaping the church for prayer – from PCC agendas to all nights of prayer
The day runs from 10am (coffee from 9.45am) to 3.30pm. It is aimed at church leaders such as PCC members, wardens, staff and clergy but also helpful for other leaders with a heart for building churches that pray. Refreshments are provided but please bring your own lunch.
Cost: £28 for the first booking, £15 for second and subsequent bookings.
Come prepared to listen, talk and pray!
- Course fee
- £ 28.00