Thrive MPB Learning Communities
It is clear that the trajectory of many dioceses is towards an increase in the number of multi-parish benefices, and also an increase in the number of parishes in such benefices.
It is also clear that whilst there are a variety of models that exist to try to help clergy adapt to the changing role such positions involve, many are struggling and most feel under-resourced.
Over the last few years we have run Thrive, a learning community process, in a number of dioceses. The communities run over 24 months, involve clergy and lay leaders, are local to the MPBs (multi-parish benefices) on them, and involve five main gatherings, face-to-face or online (one every six months).
Our aim is that each MPB will be enabled to:
- Discern vocation to play their part in God’s mission.
- Work well together across the benefice and within individual churches.
- Develop suitable leadership structures.
- Navigate culture change with creativity, wisdom and care.
- Grow in confidence and be energised by faith.
We also offer a number of resources for leaders of MPBs.