Mentors are a key part of Growing Leaders. Experience shows that where mentors are provided people get much more from the course. Some participants say that the mentoring relationship was the most important part of the Growing Leaders experience.
Ideally each participant is linked with a mentor. However, finding mentors for everyone on a course may not be easy.
For that reason we have included in the Growing Leaders course pack a range of resources to help with the mentoring aspect of the course. These include:
- Definitions and understanding of Christian mentoring.
- A guide to selecting mentors.
- A mentor training session, including PowerPoint, handouts and leaders' guide.
- A guide for mentors.
- A mentor reflection sheet.
- Ideas on how to support mentors through the course.
If you're running the course and have registered for the Growing Leaders network, there are downloadable notes for mentors to use in each meeting with their mentees.
Growing Leaders, Harbourne, Birmingham.