It's Your Call Weekend
- 2 Nov 2018 -4 Nov 2018
BMS International Mission Centre
B29 6QX (Map)
18 to 30? Wondering what God wants you to do with your life? Is it to lead in a church, pioneer something new, transform your community or something else?
This lively, interactive weekend is for you. A chance to connect with God, connect with others, connect with God's call in your life. A weekend of prayer and worship, workshops and stories and an opportunity to ask loads of questions.
We will explore:
• How do we discern God's call?
• How does the Church relate to contemporary society?
• Have I got what it takes to lead?
• What could I do?
As a part of the weekend we will consider a range of possibilities through four workshops:
1. Leading in a church: we will be looking at a range of authorised roles in the Church of England, including lay pioneer ministry and fresh expressions.
2. Pioneering something in your community: for those excited about establishing and leading an initiative within their community, we'll be exploring well known options (e.g. Street Pastors, mentor schemes for disaffected youth), as well as totally new initiatives.
3. Being a public leader: many Christians are called to a distinctive leadership role in their place of work. We'll explore how we do this in a way that makes a difference for the kingdom.
4. Going overseas: perhaps God's call is to overseas, developing as a leader for missions work in other parts of the world through some of the established agencies (e.g. YWAM, Tearfund) or in some new way.
Throughout the weekend there will be space to listen to God's voice and identify what your next step is.
We are delighted to be able to offer this weekend at the subsidised rate of £95 per person (including course fees and accommodation). If you are involved in Venture or Falcon holidays and aged between 18 and 30, select 'discounted rate' when you book to get a further reduced rate of just £65. This offer also applies to students and the unemployed.
The weekend timings are as follows:
Friday 2 November
- Arrive from 5.30pm
- Dinner at 6.30pm
- First session 7.30pm
Sunday 4 November
- Lunch at 1pm
- Depart from 2pm
Book online below, or if you would like more information or have any further questions please contact Emma Sykes, email@example.com.
- Course fee
- £ 65.00
- £ 30.00
Bookings for this event are now closed.