Holy Trinity Cambridge - colloquially ‘HT’ - is a vibrant, friendly city-centre church, with an adult congregation of around 650. We are a welcoming family community with lively worship, biblical teaching, a desire to be led by the Holy Spirit and a focus on helping people come to Christ. Our heart is to see Jesus transform lives that change the world.
- Closing date for applications: Friday 4 December 2020.
- Download the Parish Profile.
- Apply via the Diocese of Ely website.
- Interview date: Tuesday 5 January 2021.
HT has a wonderful history, from the ministry of Charles Simeon to a hand in the lives of William Wilberforce, Henry Martyn, the “Cambridge Seven”, and many current influential church leaders in the UK. Over the past two decades, we have seen exciting growth in children, youth, family, student and adult ministries, seeing God at work, transforming so many lives through encounters with Jesus Christ. We are eager to step into the next season God has for us and to play the role He ordains for us in building His Kingdom in our city and our world.
Our values and life together reflect the vision of the early Church set out in Acts 2:42-47. We aim to be a church community that:
- Lets the word of God grow through faithful study and ultimately, taking it to heart and obeying it.
- Prioritises worship, with a deep desire to please God as his church family and to lift up the Lord Jesus Christ to His rightful place on heaven’s throne.
- Is devoted to fellowship where we let our love for one another, through Jesus Christ, show in all that we do.
- Longs to see the Spirit at work amongst us and to be a Spirit led people, so we pray from our hearts, ‘come Holy Spirit’.
- Lets the world know the good news of Jesus Christ and the reason for the hope we have. We see lives change as people come to know Christ and know that in turn this has the power to change the world.
HT is ready to embark on a new, significant chapter of our life and we are looking for a full-time stipendiary vicar to lead us into a new phase of growth and change. In these challenging times we remain committed to our mission and are expectant that even now the Lord is preparing the right candidate to lead us. Whilst being open to God’s guidance and recognising that no candidate will display every attribute for which we might wish, it is our hope that candidates will have many of the following qualities:
- Be spiritually mature, deeply prayerful, devoted to Scripture and be Spirit-filled, also sharing our style and heart for worship.
- Substantial preaching experience with a notable gift for explaining and applying Scripture with joy and power.
- Thoroughly experienced in leading individuals to encounter Jesus and grow to greater faithfulness, fruitfulness and freedom in Him.
- Considerable experience in church leadership with first-hand experience of leadership in a big city-centre church casting, communicating and implementing vision.
- A leader of leaders, strategic and enabling of others to release fresh vision and ministry.
If you feel God may be calling you to apply then we look forward to receiving your application.