We are looking for someone to lead the work of growing and pastoring Hope Church as a sustainable, vibrant, community church that will increasingly make Jesus known by word and deed to the residents of the Pond Park and Hivings area of Chesham. The minister will have the support of our partner church, Emmanuel Chesham, through its vicar.
The role will include:
- Leading Hope Church, with support and encouragement of the vicar and staff team of Emmanuel Church.
- Leading the worshipping and spiritual life of Hope Church, including through passionate prayer, Spirit anointed Bible teaching, and effective pastoral care.
- Leading and modelling outreach in and to the community.
- Building relationships and opportunity through engagement with Ivingswood Academy, Pond Park Community Association, local councillors and others.
- Overseeing the programmes of small groups which enable people to grow in faith, identify and use their gifts in service, be pastorally supported, and be equipped to share the good news of Jesus with others.
- Ensuring, through personal involvement, training and oversight, that all members of the congregation receive appropriate and timely pastoral care, both in times of crisis and in the ordinary seasons of life.
- Joining the staff team of the Parish of Great Chesham, thus working in a supportive environment and contributing to the life of the parish.
- Working to develop and maintain the vision of Hope Church, initially with the Interim Leadership Team, but developing and shaping future leaders.
Closing date: 12 May 2021
Interviews: 20 May 2021
The appointment will be made by the Team Rector, Emmanuel Vicar and representatives from Hope Church. If you would like an informal conversation about the post, please contact the Rev John Shepherd (Vicar of Emmanuel Church) on 01494 784372 / 07969 981908 or at email@example.com.