Are you looking for a well-established, community-focussed and inclusive church in a semi-rural setting? Then you might be called to work amongst our two church communities who are looking to unite and engage in further mission and ministry.
We are an inclusive and supporting community where everyone can find a welcoming smile, acceptance and friendship. We are seeking a Christ-centred and prayerful incumbent who:
- Is comfortable to lead creative and imaginative worship in a variety of styles, from traditional to Spirit-led.
- Will encourage people in their Christian journey and is happy to engage with those of any age or background.
- Is keen to develop ministry for children and young people.
- Will inspire us to work together, encouraging us to explore possibilities for innovation and growth.
- Will help church members identify their own gifts and abilities and has an interest in developing future lay leaders.
Our new priest will not be alone in this ministry: we have a supportive Team (including a good cohort of Lay Ministers), an active and experienced PCC, and a helpful and engaged congregation.
Applications should be made via Pathways.
Closing date: Friday 24 September 2021
(Face-to-face interviews will take place in mid-October (date tbc.)
If you would like an informal conversation with the Archdeacon of Rochester about this vacancy before applying, then please contact his EA, Fiona Porter, to arrange time for a phone call by emailing email@example.com