We are two churches out of seven in the Parish of Great Chesham looking for someone to develop our mission and ministry in our particular local contexts and help increase our community engagement across the parish. We’d love you to think about taking this opportunity to join us here in the beautiful Chilterns and within easy reach of London.
Here are some of the characteristics we are looking for:
- A person of Christ-like character with a love for God and evident reliance on his grace.
- A leader with experience of growing a church family.
- An evangelist with the ability to relate to all ages and to people from all sorts of backgrounds.
- Someone who enjoys church worship which has a communion focus.
- A team player with a flexible approach to areas of responsibility.
Here are the key areas of responsibility:
- Serve as a devoted pastor and faithful teacher to these two district churches.
- Be a Christian witness in the two communities of Waterside and Tylers Hill/Ley Hill.
- Strengthen community links with a view to seeing more people becoming followers of Jesus Christ.
- Play a full part in the wider Parish Team, working with the Team Rector to strengthen the parish’s community engagement.
If you would like an informal conversation please call the Team Rector, the Rev Edward Bowes-Smith, on 01494 794258 or the Associate Archdeacon, the Rev Canon Chris Bull on 01865 208266.
Closing date: Noon on 13 October
Interviews: 15 November