Advertisements for clergy and lay vacancies where CPAS does not hold the sole or joint patronage, and lay vacancies at CPAS patronage churches.
If your church is connected to CPAS please email us the vacancy details, and we will endeavour to help you by posting any relevant roles.
Local churches and organisations connected with CPAS are currently advertising the following vacancies.
Lay Director of Ministry, All Saints Crowborough
'We are an evangelical church with a vacancy for a (lay) Director of Ministry. Details soon to be finalised but along the lines of:
To be a key member of the All Saints Church Leadership team. With the responsibility for the overall leadership of the administrative, practical and financial aspects of church life as well as heading up the recruitment, training and deployment of our volunteer base to enable the smooth running of church life and ever member ministry.'
For further details please contact:
Suzanne Hall, PA to Steve Rees, Vicar
All Saints Church, Church Road, Crowborough, TN6 1ED
01892 652084 Ext: 1005
Children's & Families Worker (Part Time), St Michaels Without
An exciting post at St Michael's Without in the heart of the city of Bath. We are looking for someone who will develop our exiswiting ministry to children, and move us on with fresh vision and energy to create a really attractive church community for young people and their families. Working collaboratively, this role is part of helping St Michaels to implement its vision of 'Following and telling the Way of Jesus in the centre of the city'.
Call into the church office, ring 01225 447103 or email email@example.com for the job details along with a description of the person we are looking.
Rev Roger Driver, St Michael's Without, Broad Street, Bath BA1 5LJ.
Vicar - Lead Minister, Christ Church (NLP) Chineham (Basingstoke)
Christ Church, Chineham is a lively, ecumenical church that has been worshiping and witnessing for over 30 years with a specific focus on evangelism, youth and family work. Anglican, Baptist, Methodist & URC preachers with a Lead Minister (full-time) work together to celebrate and worship God in the name of Jesus with guidance of the Holy Spirit. Situated three miles from the Centre of Basingstoke, we are a family of over 150 people plus children who attend our two Sunday services in our new building.
The church has a vision statement to follow Jesus in every way. This expresses our desire as a church to model our life together on the Lord Jesus Christ with the core values of: prayer, worship, Bible study, evangelism and love.
We are praying for someone who:
- Demonstrates a prayerful and infectious love for Jesus.
- Is an evangelical, committed to clear Bible-based teaching.
- Places a priority on facilitating local church growth.
We are looking for a candidate who possesses many of the following qualities:-
- Believes the Bible to be the authoritative word of God and who upholds the truth of the Gospel as expressed in the Evangelical Alliance statement.
- Sees & develops the opportunities within a broad ecumenical commitment which is focussed on a shared faith and a common mission.
- Preaches expository sermons; teaching the Bible in a relevant and accessible way, enabling believers to understand and apply God's word for themselves and to be guided by the Holy Spirit. One who encourages discussion on theology and how to apply God's Word to our lives today.
- Has clear thinking and the ability to delegate, direct and encourage employed and volunteer leaders alike. As chair of Council and with local oversight of the church.
- Has a vision for and can help us build towards a more vibrant communal prayer life.
For full details see http://www.christchurchchineham.org.uk/about-us/lead-minister-vacancy
For an overview video of our church see http://www.christchurchchineham.org.uk/content/watch-our-video
Note. This is the parish church of the ecclesiastical parish and if the Lead Minister is Anglican, then that person is the Vicar.
The Diocese of Southwark, NINE ELMS on the SOUTH BANK and PARISH of BATTERSEA FIELDS. Two vacancies.
1. INTERIM ASSOCIATE VICAR
To share in leadership of the parish and work with two churches to nurture discipleship, shape a strong culture of learning, caring and volunteering, and grow our ministry among Emerging Generations, Families and Children
- for an ordained priest, with stipend and housing
For the team to work well the right person in this post will
- be a good communicator across faiths, cultures and nationalities
- be able to nurture and deepen connections within the church family
- have confidence to lead a growing volunteer culture
- be a good all-rounder with a distinctive strength in leading Emerging Generations and Families, Youth and Children
- be comfortable working in a growing team of pioneer ministers and colleagues of different traditions
- be able to help bring about unity and purpose in parish life.
2. PIONEER MINISTER IN THE ARTS
To connect with new cultural and arts movements in Nine Elms on the South Bank, connecting communities through the arts and so create a new church, with local creatives, for local people
- for an ordained minister, with stipend and housing
For the team to work well the right person in this post will
- be able to demonstrate experience in delivering creative public arts events among local communities
- have experience of working creatively to shape new kinds of ministry in the arts in traditional church settings and in new contexts
- be able to forge new and deep relationships with artists, influencers and stakeholders inside and outside the church
- have experience of leading and mentoring in mission
- be confident to lead the establishment of a new church
To understand more about both roles please feel free to contact Revd Leighton Carr for an informal conversation through Leighton.Carr@southwark.anglican.org
Application forms and Parish Profiles are available from The Archdeacon of Wandsworth's PA, Romana Nelson, Romana.Nelson@southwark.anglican.org