This page contains a number of resources and ideas to help you explore and understand your abilities and whether God might be calling you to ordained ministry.
What about ordination?
Reflected on your natural strengths and weaknesses: what do they tell you about the possibility of a calling to ordination? Reflect on the following questions:
- Do others see the same abilities in you as you do? Have other people suggested ordained ministry? When you ask those who you will be honest with you, do they confirm your sense of calling?
- Do you have a desire to grow and develop those abilities you have identified? Can you find ways to do that where you are now?
- Could you count the following among your abilities?
- being self-disciplined and organised
- listening carefully to others
- working well with others
- studying, reflecting and enquiring
- relating faith to life
- teaching and communicating
- encouraging and challenging others