What kind of person are you? The tools and resources on this page will help you explore and understand your personality how it relates to your sense of calling.
- use one - or all - of the following online tools to explore your personality type. Remember that these are self-assesment tools and whilst they are often quite accurate, it is worth checking the results with people who know you well.
- The PersonalityType.com Assessment gives a quick assesment of your personality type.
- The Mental Muscle Diagram Indicator from teamtechnology.co.uk is a more in-depth tool with guidance on how to interpret the results.
- The Jung Typology Test from humanmetrics.com is one of a number of other online tools you can find by googling 'personality type'.
What about ordination?
In terms of personality type, there is no right or wrong type for ordination. Each personality type has its own strengths and weaknesses. It is important, however, to be aware of your personality, so that you can use your strengths and manage the areas where you are not as strong. You may want to think about the following points:
- Whatever your personality type, are you humble, wanting to submit to God and serve others?
- Are you honest, with yourself and others, about your strengths, weaknesses and vulnerabilities?
- How well do you deal with stress, change and pressure? What strategy or support can you put in place to help you do this better?
- What is your leadership style?
- How do you 'break the ice' when meeting new people, and make them feel at ease?
- Do you have the spiritual discipline to maintain your prayer life?
- Is the way you handle your sexuality in line with the teachings and discipline of the church?