Materials: How to Nurture a Faith-Sharing Culture
Practical Tools and Guides
We've created additional materials to help with the roll out of the core practices. Please do let us have your ideas so we can share them widely to resource one another in nurturing a faith-sharing culture.
Summaries of the Seven Core Practices
- Practice 1 Engage with God.
- Practice 2 Pray for five.
- Practice 3 Refocus your intercessions.
- Practice 4 Practise faith conversations.
- Practice 5 Tell faith stories.
- Practice 6 Resource faith sharing.
- Practice 7 Budget for evangelism.
Resources to help with prayer
- A brief guide to journaling, including the 22 questions Wesley used each day to help him reflect on his life.
- A guide to the Examen, including material for children and young people.
- Guide 2: Prayer and evangelism, suggested ways to pray and some prayers to use.
- Pray for five: a simple card to record the five people we pray for who aren't yet Christians.
- Prayers for evangelism: four different prayers for the ministry of evangelism in the life of a church.
- BLESS: a way of praying for five that uses the BLESS acronym.
- Recording how much the PCC spends on evangelism and its impact.
- Recording the time spent on the PCC discussing evangelism.
- The theological rationale for evangelism Explores the biblical and theological basis for evangelism.
- Typology of terms Explores the different terms used (mission, evangelism, evangelist and witness), what they mean and how they relate to one another.
There are a range of additional articles and further resources on aspects of evangelism that can be downloaded from this webpage.