Advertisements for clergy and lay vacancies where CPAS does not hold the sole or joint patronage, and lay vacancies at CPAS patronage churches.
If your church is connected to CPAS please email us the vacancy details or call 0300 123 0780 and we will endeavour to help you by posting any relevant roles.
Local churches and organisations connected with CPAS are currently advertising the following vacancies:
Associate Vicar, The benefice of Oundle with Ashton, Benefield and Glapthorn
An exciting opportunity for an energetic team player with ordained experience to share in the strategic leadership and development of our ministry in the market town of Oundle and the neighbouring villages.
Find us on Facebook to get a close-up view of our ministry www.facebook.com/oundlestpeters
You will need:
- To be motivated by love of Jesus and expectant of the Spirit's work;
- To be a compelling preacher and teacher rooted in scripture;
- To have a passion for mission and growth;
- To be excited about discipling younger people;
Enhanced DBS Disclosure required.
View the Job Description and Benefice Profile below and the St Peter's Church, Oundle website by visiting www.oundlestpeters.org.uk
In view of the ongoing pandemic, interested candidates are encouraged to contact the Vicar, Stephen Webster, directly for an informal conversation email@example.com
Applications by 15th May 2020 Interviews 18th June 2020 Details from The Archdeacon of Oakham 01733 887017 firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time Priest in Charge of the Benefice of Hathersage with Bamford & Derwent and Grindleford in the Peak District National Park, Derbyshire
Expressions of interest invited
Do you want to come and work in the beautiful Peak District? We are a group of churches in the Hope Valley with a desire to work on Mission and outreach across the area. So would you like a challenge? Do you have experience of facilitating new approaches to ministry, of growing churches? Are you ready to help our Benefice move forward?
We seek an exceptional, inspiring and collaborative priest who is comfortable with a range of worship styles. Our congregations are enthusiastic for mission, seeing the need to be open and flexible in order to bring Christ to the missing generations. An emerging vision for the longer term is possibly to employ a cross-generational worker. We want to be out there in the community as disciples and are looking for fresh strategic leadership in the Valley.
We are praying for you to join us:
- in dependency on the Holy Spirit's leading & feeding us from God's word
- with proven team leadership abilities
- with courage and creativity
- with the discernment that God is calling you here.
If God is attracting you to the beautiful Hope Valley, take a look at our Profile and please get in touch if you would like to come for an informal visit and chat (contact details via 'A Church Near You') OR: Rev'd Colin Pearson, Area Dean on 01298-938200 The Ven Carol Coslett, Archdeacon of Chesterfield on 01332-388676.
During COVID 19 restrictions, we are currently inviting expressions of interest in this post. We would be pleased to receive these by 22nd May 2020 after which time the situation will be reviewed. Anyone who applies will be kept informed of progress and next steps.
Click here to go to the Doiecese of Derby webiste where you can download the parish profile and application form.
New Vicar in Goudhurst and Kilndown, in the Weald of Kent
Are you able to engage with people of every generation and level of faith, genuinely enjoying both traditional and contemporary worship? Do you have the ability to enable and inspire people, see new opportunities, recognise when to lead our established teams, and when to step back? Are you the person God is calling to lead us in this beautiful part of Kent? If so, find out more and apply.
- Happy congregations, in two churches, which have grown a great deal in recent years. Total weekly attendance across all services pre-lockdown was around 200; in common with many other churches this number has grown now that services are online. Lots of scope for further growth.
- Ministry among children and young people is a particular focus
- Regular Alpha courses
- School of Theology, Marriage Course and the Parenting Course have all been popular
- Both contemporary and traditional worship styles are genuinely enjoyed, with one church favouring a more traditional feel and the other a more contemporary style
- Rural Kent, an hour by train from London, lovely countryside and lots of good schools
Closing date for applications is Monday 8 June 2020