Advertisements for clergy and lay vacancies where CPAS does not hold the sole or joint patronage, and lay vacancies at CPAS patronage churches.
If your church is connected to CPAS please email us the vacancy details or call 0300 123 0780 and we will endeavour to help you by posting any relevant roles.
Local churches and organisations connected with CPAS are currently advertising the following vacancies:
Associate Vicar, St Mary's Cogges Church Witney, Oxfordshire
St Mary's Cogges, a thriving, charismatic, evangelical church and part of the New Wine Network, is looking for an experienced leader to join the team to oversee the running and development of parish responsibilities, whilst helping us embrace our Resourcing Church vision, engaging in mission in our community and beyond.
Job Title: Associate Vicar
Recruiter: St Mary's Cogges Church
Location: Witney, Oxfordshire
Closing Date: June 21st 2019
Contact Name: Rev Simon Kirby
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Vicar, All Saints Patcham with the Ascension Westdene
The large and diverse parish of Patcham, in the north of Brighton, is seeking to appoint a new associate vicar to work with the incumbent to provide missional leadership to the unreached areas of the parish, and to have particular responsibility for the life of Ascension, Westdene.
This is a great opportunity for someone who would like to prioritise mission without the responsibility of incumbency.
The appointed priest will be:
- Rooted in the evangelical tradition with a love of scripture as the foundation for life and ministry and a heart to share the love of Jesus
- Open to personal change and transformation through a life of prayer
- Willing to think about outreach and mission in creative and innovative ways
- Good at forming relationships with those beyond church life
- A good team player and good at enabling others
- A skilled communicator
- Able to think strategically and plan for long-term growth
- A lover of people
For an informal conversation contact the incumbent at Patcham, the Revd Andy Flowerday on 01273 552157.
For an application pack, contact Marc Sacher, PA to the Archdeacon of Brighton and Lewes, at email@example.com.
Applications to be received by 15 June 2019
Interviews on 1 July 2019
Vicar, Benefice of Taunton St Mary Magdalene (Minster designate) and St John the Evangelist
We are a busy town centre benefice worshipping and serving the community from two beautiful Grade I listed churches. We offer formal and informal services embracing diverse expressions of worship.
We look forward to welcoming a leader who:
- is called by God, and will open our eyes to the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives through inspiring worship, preaching and study
- will join us in forming the identity of Taunton Minster
- will promote and encourage the diversity of our respective churches devoting timeand energy to building our congregations and develop the benefice
- will lead the development of new initiatives focused on children, young people and families
- is an excellent communicator with passion, natural collaborative empathy and a positive outlook
- is kind and compassionate, approachable and accessible meeting the spiritual and pastoral needs of our respective congregations
- a deep commitment to our faith and the well-being of our communities
- a well-managed and strong team of dedicated volunteers
- a big welcome and a lot of prayerful support
This is a great opportunity for an individual to develop and extend their ministry in a rewarding but also challenging urban environment, and if you will share our sorrows and our joys, our doubts and our glimpses of God then you probably are the one for us.
Applications to be received by 8th June 2019
Visit and interviews 20th/21st June 2019
For more details and an application pack, please contact:
The Venerable Simon Hill, Archdeacon of Taunton
2 Monkton Heights, West Monkton, Taunton, TA2 8LU
Tel: 01823 413315
The Bishop of Manchester wishes to appoint an
Interim Minister: 0.5 - 3-year post, St Mary's Rawtenstall, St Paul's Constable Lee and St Mary's and All Saints, Goodshaw
We are so glad that you are taking the time to read about this post and to begin the process of prayerfully considering if God is calling you to become part of our family.
This role is a new and exciting opportunity that we hope will help us to reach out to the many in our communities who do not know who Jesus is.
We are looking for someone who will be passionate and creative in their approach, enabling us all to play our part in becoming a 'Church for a Different World.'
This post uniquely combines elements of both market town and rural ministry and we are looking for a vibrant and enthusiastic person to maximise our potential for growth and change.
We are seeking an Interim Minister who will be:
- Someone of a thoughtful evangelical tradition and open to the Holy Spirit, who will be able to help us grow in our discipleship together.
- Someone who will bring leadership and expertise in the area of sharing our faith with those around us.
- Able to marshal the resources of our churches to engage with the life of the communities we represent.
- Someone with new and creative ideas.
- Someone with a passion to reach children and young people.
For further information contact the Archdeacon of Bolton:
Tel. 0161 761 6117
Rev Chris Casey firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel 01706 215585
Closing date: 10th June 2019
Interview date: 24th June 2019
DBS enhanced disclosure is required